Wednesday 15 May 2013

U3D Casts: Justice League


Bad. Ass.

So, we all know that the Justice League movie is coming out in 2015, right? If not, now you know. People all over the internet have been sharing their picks for who they think should play the heroes. The line-up was leaked a while back, and it seems Warner Bros and DC Comics have played it safe by having the five more known characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash) to not only appeal to comic fans, but also a much broader audience.

Comic fans may argue saying that other characters like Aquaman and Martian Manhunter should be included, but I say that the wider audience DC and Warner Bros are trying to appeal to wouldn't really know them. But, saying that, I'm not saying they won't be included, whether they're cameo appearances or get their own movies later on. I've decided to include a few extra characters to say who should play them if the chance arises.

Now, if you read this and think that someone in Marvel's recent films should be in it, I'm just going to say now they won't be. Most of them have signed multi-film contracts to Marvel, so they can't sign a multi-film contract with DC. It's common sense. You may be upset by this (I know I'm still upset about Marvel stealing Anthony Mackie from me, he was my Green Lantern originally), but just bear with it. We have to start looking at not only who should do it, but also who could do it and who would do it.

Let's get started!

Superman/ Clark Kent- Henry Cavill
Okay, so with Man of Steel coming out this year, it's most likely going to be a success. And I'm not talking a
bit of a success, I'm talking huge profits, Dark Knight-like, success. It's no wonder that star of Man of Steel, Welshman Henry Cavill will reprise his role in Justice League. From what I've seen in the trailers, he gives a great job and a very convincing performance as Superman. Now, this is only going off the idea that Man of Steel is a success (which it most probably will be). If it isn't however, the folks over at DC and Warner Bros will have to choose his replacement. I suggest my second choice, Jon Hamm. I haven't seen much of Mad Men, but what I have seen of it, Hamm is amazing in it. He definitely can pull it off if Cavill isn't re-cast.


Batman/ Bruce Wayne- Michael Fassbender
Now, before you guys freak out by saying Christian Bale or Joseph Gordon-Levitt should be Batman because of The Dark Knight Rises, that isn't going to happen. Christopher Nolan said he isn't going to be involved in Justice League, Bale said he won't be coming back, and JGL said his character John Blake isn't Robin the superhero, but his name is just a tribute to the character. So there. Anyway, that's why we need a new Batman. I vote for Michael Fassbender. Best known for his roles in Inglourious Basterds, X-Men: FIrst Class and Shame, Fassbender is an absoloutely fantastic actor. I think he can play both the suave playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne, and also the mysterious, brooding and menacing Batman. If they don't go for Fassbender however, I think Guy Pearce could also do a great job.


Wonder Woman/ Princess Diana of Themyscira- Gina Carano
Wonder Woman needs to be a woman who is tough, but equally good-looking. That's why I chose Gina Carano. A former American Gladiator and mixed-martial artist turned actress, Carano is the embodiment of tough-meets-sexy. She has been in a few action roles in her career, most recently Haywire, and soon to be in Fast & Furious 6, Carano has shown that she can kick ass. She is amazingly good-looking, but also can prove herself when fighting. That's why she not only should be Wonder Woman, but would be terrific as her. But, if DC and Warner Bros decide against it, I suggest In Time and TRON: Legacy star Olivia Wilde as a back-up option. She too would make a very good Wonder Woman.


The Flash/ Barry Allen- Bradley Cooper
I had a hard time choosing The Flash, and he was actually the last one in this list I decided on. There were a lot of actors on my radar, which I'll get to later, but ultimately decided on Silver Linings Playbook star Bradley Cooper. A lot of people underestimated Cooper's acting ability until Silver Linings Playbook, and to be honest, I did too. But, he has proven himself in my eyes, and I think because of his comedic experience and his more action-like roles (thinking back to Limitless), Cooper can definitely play The Flash. He has the look and general wise-cracking vibe about him that shows he can be The Flash. Like I said before, The Flash was hard to cast. I thought of people like Chris Pine, Michael Rosenbaum and even James Franco, who could all do excellent as The Flash.


Green Lantern/ Hal Jordan- Matt Bomer
I think everyone agrees with me when I say that Ryan Reynolds shouldn't come back as Green Lantern. Even he does, he said in a recent interview that he'd only come back if things changed for the better. So, DC and Warner Bros should make a smart move in choosing someone that isn't Ryan Reynolds. I think that White Collar and Magic Mike star Matt Bomer would make a great Hal Jordan. He can bring that certain wise-cracking, yet serious edge that is needed for Green Lantern. Even though Bomer wasn't my first choice, with Taylor Kitsch and Jared Leto being in my mind at one point, after a lot of thinking, Bomer won my heart. Still, anyone is better than Ryan Reynolds.

So, now that the official roster is out of the way, I'm going to list some other Justice League members that may or may not be in the movie, or their own movies, and who should play them.

Martian Manhunter/ J'onn J'onzz- Christopher Judge
Originally, I thought of actors that were really buff and physically strong. Vin Diesel and David Bautista came to mind, but then I thought of how Martian Manhunter would work on screen. He will most likely be CGI, so that isn't going to be a problem. But, someone has to voice him. Now, this one took a bit of research, mainly involving watching YouTube clips of TV shows and movies, just to hear what actors sounded like. Then I came across Stargate star Christopher Judge. I haven't watched Stargate, but watching interviews and clips of him, I realized that Judge would make a great voice for Martian Manhunter. Plus, if need be, he could even play him physically, he has the body for it.



Aquaman/ Arthur Curry- Kellan Lutz
A lot of people think that Aquaman is useless and that he can only speak to fish. That's not true. When he comes in contact with water, he gains superhuman strength and agility. Plus, he has a fairly big backstory. So, he needs someone who can pull off strong, noble and complex characters. That's when Kellan Lutz comes in. The Twilight star has appeared in many films over the years, including Immortals where he played God of the Sea Poseidon. So, playing Ruler of the Sea Aquaman isn't that far of a stretch. If Lutz isn't chosen, then I suggest Liam Hemsworth as an alternative. But, Lutz is definitely my frst choice.


Green Arrow/ Oliver Queen- Charlie Hunnam
Yeah, you read that correctly. It's not Stephen Amell from the series Arrow. I don't get why people keep recasting him. He's not going to be in the movie. So, here's my choice. I have four words for you. Watch Sons of Anarchy. Watch Sons of Anarchy and then you'll realize why I chose Charlie Hunnam. He does an amazing job as Jax on it and I think he'd do an equally amazing job as Green Arrow. He looks like he can pull it off, and he can lead a cast like no one I know. Hunnam would be perfect for Green Arrow, but The Killing star Joel Kinnaman or TRON: Legacy's Garrett Hedlund would both do well in the role.


So, those are my choices. If you have any comments or questions, leave them in the comments and don't be afraid to suggest some of your choices for the Justice League. Well, thanks for reading, and I hope you stay! Bye!

-Ryan Meyers

3 comments:

  1. Gina Carano? Who the heck is that. Wonder Woman should be a very all star actress especially since it's the only girl. It does have to be someone tough...for some reason, I always thought as Candice Michelle as Wonder Woman. She's a former WWE diva with one heck of a body and she sure is strong. She would do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Aqua man? :( *sigh* Bad news and move by Warner Bros....suddenly I have no interest. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Robbin...what a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete